You, the parent, are equally as important to your child's positive lacrosse experience as the coach of the team. In order for your child to get the most out of playing lacrosse, it is important that you:
- Be supportive of your child.
- Attend games whenever possible.
- Be a positive role model by displaying good sportsmanship at all times to coaches, officials, opponents and your child’s teammates.
- Let your child set his own goals and play the game for himself.
- Let the coach coach. Refrain from giving your child advice when he or she is playing.
- Respect the decisions of the referee. This is an important part of honoring the game. Your child will pay more attention to how you act than to what you say.
- Get involved! A great way to support your child's lacrosse experience is by volunteering for the team.